www.mastershandsdeafchurch.org

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Deaf Devotion 8/8/2009

“And they sang in a mighty chorus: “Worthy is the Lamb who was slaughtered – to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing.”
Revelation 5:12 NLT

There is a story about a man named Fritz Kreisler. He played the violin. He practiced and practiced until he became one of the best violin players in the world. He wanted to buy a Stradivarius violin. This is one of the oldest, most treasured, and expensive violins ever produced in history.

Mr. Kreisler heard about a Stradivarius owned by a friend and he asked the friend if he could buy it. Kreisler was told the violin is not for sale. “If I cannot buy the violin, may I play it?” asked Kreisler. The friend agreed and Kreisler took the violin and played it. The music was not like anything the man had heard before.

Great tears welled up in the friend’s eyes and he said, “The violin is not for sale, but it is yours. The way you play that instrument shows me you are the master and you alone are worthy to play that violin.”

God sent HIS only Son for one reason: to redeem, to reconcile, and to change the world. We are all instruments of God. But the glory is not ours. The glory is God’s and God’s alone. God is the Master and He alone is worthy.

There is a song that goes:

“Jesus! What a Friend of sinners!
Jesus! Lover of my soul;
Friends may fail me,
Foes assail me,
He, my Savior, makes me whole.

Hallelujah! What a Savior!
Hallelujah! What a Friend!
Saving, helping, keeping, loving,
He is with me to the end.

So, how is His worth shown in our life?
What do we do or say that demonstrates the worthiness of Jesus?
The songwriter considered the worthiness of Jesus and here is what was written…

Jesus paid it all
All to him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain
He washed it white as snow.