www.mastershandsdeafchurch.org

Monday, July 19, 2010

Deaf Devotion 7/19/2010

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.” (John 3:16-17 KJV)

Is there any clearer message that God wants everyone in a relationship with Jesus Christ?

Okay...check this out. This past Sunday was one of those days when God really blessed The Deaf Church at Cornerstone. I had finished preaching on becoming soul winners. How our responsibility becomes to reach out to as many people as possible with the Gospel of Salvation – The Gospel of Jesus Christ. I was finished and the only way I can explain this is to say that the Holy Spirit led me to add to my message.

We had three visitors this past Sunday. I simply said that if there was anyone there that did not know Jesus as Savior or if they were not sure that Jesus really is their Savior, to talk to either myself or another believer. We can share the Gospel to show how to have the assurance they can be with Jesus today if something were to happen.

One person is saved and knows it. Another is not yet saved but is not really a “religious person.” They made the comment that they thought the Bible is a nice story to encourage people to act right. The third person raised their hand and said that they always felt they were saved but has made too many mistakes to really be saved.

I have heard many reasons why people are uncertain about their eternal future. "I sin too much," says one. "I don't feel saved, Pastor," says another. Someone else worries that he or she did not follow the "right procedure" to ask for forgiveness. Still others have erroneously learned from their families or churches that no one can be sure of salvation.

My response to all of these has been and will stay the same: “If you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that His death on the cross purchased God's forgiveness for your sins, then you are saved. And you can be sure. From this point forward this is not something that will be lost nor can it be taken away.

Why?

God's promises never change. He said that those who trust in His Son would have eternal life. “I tell you the truth. Those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life.” (John 5:24 NLT) What's more, a believer cannot be snatched from God's hand “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand. The Father and I are one.” (John 10:27-30 NLT)

The Lord loves us completely. Nothing can separate a believer from God's love “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.” (Romans 8:38 NLT) Satan's charges against us can never change how precious we are to our Father.

The Savior's work on the cross is finished. Jesus Christ made one perfect sacrifice—His own life. In this single act, He atoned for every sinful deed, word, and thought. When we receive His salvation, it is ours forever.

God loves us so much that He sent His Son to die for our sins so we could live eternally in His presence. It really is that simple. Whatever our doubts, ask the Holy Spirit to confront them with biblical truth. He will quietly assure our hearts that we are God's children forever.

The question is not about how we can reach Deaf with the Gospel. Our prayer should always be, “Lord, lead me and show me how to be a soul winner today.” That is the challenge I put before us. Dare to be a soul winner.

I will tell you this. From Sunday one person is sure, the other had seeds of faith planted and the other prayed and accepted Jesus as their Savior once and for all with the assurance that we all make mistakes and that Jesus knows and will be faithful to forgive. God be praised for an awesome opportunity to witness! It’s not about us witnessing, it’s making sure that everyone has the saving relationship with Jesus Christ.

“I am willing, God is able.
God is able. I am willing.”