www.mastershandsdeafchurch.org

Monday, July 20, 2009

Bonus Deaf Devotion 7/20/2009

“For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.”
Philippians 2:13 NLT

One of the greatest lessons we can learn from God is that He does not want us to do anything FOR Him.

Does that shock you? Maybe surprise you?

God actually wants to do something through us. Notice I said THROUGH us – not FOR us.

I have heard people say, “Well, I just serve God in my poor, little, old weak way.” Or “I do not know what to say.” Or “I can’t.” Or the most popular, “God, You must have the wrong person.”

I feel like saying, “Well, quit it.” Stop thinking that way. God does not want us serving Him in our “poor, little, old weak way.” To say “I can’t” really means “I won’t.”

He wants us out of the way, so He can send His blessing and Gospel through us! We need to make ourselves available to God and say, “God, You know my ability. I am giving you my availability. God, I want You to live Your life through me.”

We need to put aside our plans, goals, and pride and stop standing in the way of God. Instead, God wants us to surrender to HIM and let HIM live through us.

Believe that God is able to do exceedingly abundantly beyond all that we ask or think according to the power that works mightily within us. (Eph. 3:20) His power is able to do far beyond what we think is possible. But remember - He will do it in HIS time, in HIS way and with HIS scheduling in mind.

Spirit of the Living God
Fall fresh on me
Spirit of the Living God
Fall fresh on me
Melt me
Mold me
Fill me
Use me
Spirit of the Living God
Fall fresh on me

The selfless love to which God calls you and me produces a deep joy in our hearts. This joy or happiness of the Spirit has three dimensions. Joy is the assurance of faith that we are acceptable to God. It is the assurance that God knows what He is doing and is in control. This joy is an inner calm produced by confidence in God.