www.mastershandsdeafchurch.org

Friday, July 24, 2009

Deaf Devotion 7/24/2009

“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.” Psalm 23:4 KJV

I normally plan devotions 3 to 4 weeks ahead as the Holy Spirit leads me in what He wants me to present. Then I will write and develop the devotions as the Holy Spirit leads me. It is interesting how God lives in the future and is in so total control of what will happen.

I had Psalm 23:4 as the verse to use for today. God had a reason. The past few weeks have been a struggle for me personally. Some say because I am a Pastor, I am not supposed to think that way. Some will say it is normal. Others will try to say it is just fate or luck or chance. Guess what. I really struggled with some things. That is the truth of the matter. But you know what? God is bigger.

Friends, there is nothing that will bring us more face-to-face with God than going through the dark valleys of life. When we are there, we cling to His garments and hold onto His hand. We will not stray far from the fold in the dark.

Do you believe that God is with us? Are we willing to say it out loud? The ultimate Sovereign is our loving Savior. We will not have to cross Jordan alone. We will not appear before the judgment of a Holy God alone.

“But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world.” 1 John 4:4 NLT

The One who created the valley is there with us! He knows the way through the valley. It is not a place where we will stay but it is a place of passage. He knows every twist and turn, every changing shadow, every hidden place where danger lurks — God is with us and has promised never to leave us alone!

Focus on the light and not the darkness. God has made us to walk through shadows. When the shadow approaches, we must walk through. God is greater than the temptation, sin, and death that is in us! He is our Jehovah Shamah — the Lord ever-present. His grace is greater. His peace is purer. His devotion is dearer. Where Satan casts a shadow, our Sovereign Lord reigns supreme.